NEW AIR SERVICE ///
Elite Airways Announces Additional Non-Stop Service to Orlando/Melbourne. Continuing Service to Naples, Florida starts 2/29!
The Christmas holiday season is here, and with it, the Portland International Jetport expects passenger volumes to be high throughout the upcoming weekend.
Jetport officials recommend that all passengers arrive at their airline counter at least 90 minutes prior to their scheduled departure time.
Passengers missing their flights may have a difficult time obtaining seats on the next flight, as flights are booked full during the holiday season.
The Portland International Jetport and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) offer these tips and reminders as you prepare for your holiday flight:
* To get through security checkpoints as quickly as possible, visit TSA’s website at www.tsa.gov before your trip for helpful information.
* Remember the “3-1-1” rule. Each passenger is allowed to carry small amounts of liquids, gels, and aerosols in containers of 3.4 ounces or less that fit comfortably in a 1 quart-size, clear plastic, zip-top bag through the security checkpoint. One plastic zip-top bag is permitted per passenger. You must remove the bag from your carry-on and place it in a plastic bin or on the conveyor belt for x-ray screening.
* Be sure to check your purse, pockets, or other carry-on items and ensure that all liquids, gels and aerosols are in your 1-quart zip-top bag before proceeding to security.
* Travel with unwrapped gifts. If a wrapped gift requires further examination, TSA will need to unwrap the gift for further inspection.
* Laptops must be removed from their carry-on cases and placed in a separate bin for screening.
* You may bring pies and cakes through the security checkpoint, but please be advised they may be subject to additional screening. Other food and beverage items, including cranberry sauce, maple syrup, wine, beer, and liquor, should be packed in checked luggage or shipped if they cannot fit into your 1-quart zippered bag with your toiletries and other items.
Please note that items purchased after the security checkpoint in the airport concourse gift shops and restaurants have been pre-screened and can be taken on the plane.
* You may have a photography bag if it contains only photographic equipment. Film should be packed in your carry-on baggage.
* Metal in your clothing may set off the walk-through scanner so pack coins, keys, jewelry, belt buckles, and other metal items in your carry-on bag.
* Remove blazers, suit coats, and bulky sweaters in addition to outer garments and place them in a plastic bin before you enter the walk-through scanner.
* TSA strongly encourages wearing shoes that are easy to remove as all shoes must be removed and placed in a plastic bin for screening before you enter the walk-through scanner.
*TSA has established a helpline called “TSA Cares” to assist travelers with disabilities and medical conditions. Travelers can call TSA Cares toll free at 1-855-787-2227 prior to traveling with questions about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint.
Portland, ME – ...
Portland, ME –American...
PORTLAND, Maine - Most Mainers...